At the end of June I finally shipped Slingcode, the browser based code editor I've been working on for several months.
The response was overwhelming:
- ~22,000 visitors to the site.
- ~7,000 uses of the Slincode app.
- ~2,400 YouTube views of the intro.
- Made the front page of Hacker News.
- 100+ reactions on dev.to.
- 57 retweets of the launch.
This has been a humbling experience and I'm grateful to every person who checked it out and those who gave me feedback. Thank you!
Since then I've been recording screencasts for getting started with technologies like React, Vue.js, and SVG live-coding in Slingcode. You can find the screencasts at slingcode.net/screencasts.html or on the YouTube playlist embedded here:
I hope this tool and the screencasts are useful to you.